Monday, December 8, 2008

Sea World on my own

I was pretty nervous about taking the kids to Sea World by myself but we had a great time. There were a few rides we couldn't do because it would've required another adult, and it was exhausting pushing my big ole babies around in the stroller (don't ask), and the driving oh the driving was horrid, but over all it was fine. Not something I'm in a hurry to do again mind you.

We made sure to get a few things done that we didn't get to do last time. Like the manatees and the Sesame Street Bay of Play, and the Pet's Rule show. ALL 3 AMAZING! We also saw the Shamu show of course and the penguins. But the absolute highlight was being able to actually TOUCH the dolphins! I don't know how we missed this when we were there in May, but all you had to do was pay $6 for a tray of fish and you were able to pet them!! OMG seriously SO amazing! Another thing to cross of my bucket list! I could've spent all my money and time there hahaha and I'm SO not an animal person. Lacie touched one too but not Colby. He said he'll do it next time. :) We came home with a few souveneirs too - a snuggly dolphin for Lace, a snuggly penguin for B, a dolphin keychain for me (!!!), and a DVD of the Shamu show and all the behind the scenes stuff that goes along with training killer whales - SO COOL!
PENGUINS!!!!

Who says it doesn't snow in San Diego! :)







SO FLIPPIN' (haha get it?) COOL!!!!!!

2 comments:

i dont care said...

Great pictures friend!! Love the one of Lacie looking at the Dolphin! RAD!!! Glad you had a good time!

See Sherm Blog said...

TOUCH THE DOLPHINS!?!?!? We got a fun pass but never ended up going back. It expires at the end of the year, and with Kyle's knee, we're not gonna make it. I had NO CLUE you could TOUCH the dolphins thought!!

The one show we missed (and I was super bummed about) was the pets rule show... kyle promised me we could see it next time we go... but who knows when that will be. At least now I have confirmation that i is good and that its something to look forward to.

I'm impressed you were able to brave Sea World with out another adult!!!