Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Respect the Turkey

I'd been thinking about doing this post tonight and then I saw this over on Baby Rabies. It is basically EXACTLY what I was thinking!

What happened to Thanksgiving!?!?!

Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOOOVE me some Christmas. The music, the glitter, the colors, and those fabu red cups from Starbucks.

But I also REALLY love pumpkins, Orange, November, Fall, & Thanksgiving! I mean seriously, now that I have kids, time goes by SOOOOO fast. This is a very special time of year and I want to savor EVERY moment, EVERY holiday.

So while I have been busy making and buying Christmas gifts since September, I refuse to BUY anything Christmasy or decorate my home Christmasy until AFTER Thanksgiving!

Now who's with me?
PS there is ONE good thing about stores basically skipping over Thanksgiving - the FALL CLEARANCES! There is SO much fall/Thanksgiving stuff out there at 70-80% off! Love it! :)

3 comments:

See Sherm Blog said...

I agree with you totally! Let me enjoy my Thanksgiving people!!

i dont care said...

I'm with you friend!!

Talia said...

lol... I love it. And I completely agree. Keep the holidays in order, folks!!