Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Grown Up Christmas List

aww Amy Grant Christmas songs :) Alas, tis not yet the season! I'm still holding true to my post about Respecting the Turkey. But this post idea came to me as I was vacuuming this morning and it's my blog and I can be wishy washy if I want to leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!! :)


Ok back to the post. The Christmas before I got married my mom gave me/us a vacuum. I can remember how bummed and irritated I was that I got a vacuum for Christmas! We were getting married 3 months later and I knew that we NEEDED a vacuum but as one of my Christmas gifts?! Ugh. But this just goes to show you how YOUNG I was when I got engaged/married. That Christmas I was 18. I turned 19 just about a month before our wedding. Crazy young huh?

But now looking back, I would LOOOOOOVE for my mom (or anyone!) to give me a vacuum this Christmas! Now that I'm all growed up (haha!) I realize how nice it is to get gifts that you NEED instead of gifts that you might or might not want!

David & I will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary this March. That means it has been NINE years since we opened our wedding gifts. We were really lucky to have received a TON of kitchen-y items as gifts but honestly, we don't even HAVE a lot of those gifts anymore. We've gone through more than one vacuum, toaster, spatula, and so on. It is not so fun spending money on all those things! I would much rather Santa (or Mommy) give them to me! Seriously!

So here you go, this is my Grown Up Christmas List:

  • A new set of pots & pans. I don't really have a preference for these because I dont' really know my way around the kitchen. But I do know the difference between non stick and NO LONGER non stick. It's past time people! And because I love all things Racheal Ray, I choose these :)

  • A new vacuum. Again, don't really care what brand just as long as it gets the job done!

  • A Carpet cleaner. In a house with cheap, LIGHT, carpet, 2 kids and 2 adults, no coffee table OR Rugs, our carpet needs all the help it can get! I'd also really like to use it in my van!


  • My walls painted. I hate painting, I suck at it, and we have vaulted ceilings - need I say more?

That's all for now. I reserve the right to add to this as things come to mind while I'm doing other household chores :)

4 comments:

See Sherm Blog said...

Oooohhhh... I would SO LOVE a carpet cleaner. Our carpet upstairs is super dark, so I guess that's not a big deal. But we have one rug down stairs in our living room and it shows every single stain. I guess it would probably be more cost effective to just get a new rug... than get a carpet cleaner. But whatever, I like our rug and i just want it clean.

And the wall painting thing... that's good gift. I have our little bathroom downstairs left to paint, the "toilet room" in our master bathroom, then of course the baby's room and bathroom. I need somebody to do that for me and with Kyle's knee... its not gonna be him. I'm considering getting non-toxic paints though and just doing it myself in January. We'll see.

Hope you get all the stuff you want!

Sara said...

Hope Santa sees your list! I'd love the Rachael Ray pots and pans too. I'm so over my non-non-stick cookware!

i dont care said...

Good idea friend,I like this blog idea I WILL be steeling it. AND great list!!! Good luck! I love the paint one the most.. that would be GREAT!!!

Salai said...

Paint would be nice..... Good going I need to start my online list..Tuesday night simply scrapbook is having bookclub at 600pm I have been in for about a year you can come check it out for free and if you wanna join it is 10 a month really fum , Let me know?