Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

Yes it's true. I am a Friday the 13th baby :) My mom always told me that it made it my LUCKY day. It's certainly has proven true so far! I've been pretty blessed to have just about all of my birthdays be great ones. This one's looking no different! Although I have to say that this whole turning 28 business is pretty interesting. It just seems so GROWN UP (I won't say "old"). I just can't believe that that is actually my age! I've never really had a problem getting older. Every year I love love my birthday. But after I turned 25 I just wanted to stay that age FOREVER. I think once I get to 30 and I can just embrace the 30s then maybe it won't be so bad? Until 37? LOL It's like on a rollercoaster when you are making that slooooooow climb up a really big hill. You KNOW the drop is going to be a big deal but also that it will be over before you know it. I'm making that sloooooow climb right now and 30 is looking all sorts of scary and exciting. But I know it'll all be over before I know it so I just need to LIVE and BREATHE these moments!
Anywho, in honor of my birthdayness I decided to post the 25 Random things that I posted about myself on Facebook. Seriously EVERYBODY is doing this and I just love it because I love learning new lil things about people or seeing what I and others have in common.
So here we go, 25 things you might not have known about me :)
*I did change a few of them just cause I did this a week or so ago and have thought of better ones since*

1. I don't care to be outside. I have to be in the mood to tolerate it and those moods don't really last very long. This is very sad for my husband and daughter who love to be outside but my son is just like me :)
2. I am not a movie person. They usually make me fall asleep. It has to be REALLY good to hold my attention for the duration. It takes alot for me to agree to even sit down to watch in the first place.
3. I am living my dream come true by being a stay at home mom to my kiddos. I don't know what I did to be so lucky.
4. I am more in love with my husband today than yesterday and tomorrow's looking even better.
5. I got married a month after I turned 19 and I know alot of people that didn't think we'd make it. Can't really blame them, not only were we crazy young, we had only been together for 6 months. We will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary in March. I can't say it has always been easy but I can't think of anyone else I'd rather share life's journey with.
6. It is really hard for me to keep my house clean. It kills me that I didn't inherit the crazy clean gene from my momma. I've gotten alot better over the years but it is still a daily struggle for me.
7. I am so NOT athletic but really do wish I was. I always dream that I just get out there and be REALLY well at softball, or be able to run really fast, or even dance well. Nope not happening :(
8. I want to graduate college but have no clue what my major would be. Not to mention the fact that I just hate college courses. I used to LOVE school and homework. Until college. I don't feel smart enough!
9. I could sit and read all day long. I've always been that way. I used to walk home from school reading. I read every night for at least 20 minutes before I fall asleep.
10. I don't really have a desire to travel other countries. I'm much more interested in my own. Which is not to say that I'd turn down a trip :) But I've always been fascinated by US history.
11. I hate hurting people's feelings. I'll do everything in my power to avoid upsetting or disappointing someone. Even at my own expense.
12. It is VERY hard for me to knowingly break the rules.
13. I feel like my personality is completely different from when I was a teenager. I think I was alot meaner and outgoing then I am now. I guess that's what happens when you get older. :)
14. It is hard for me to accept that some people don't like me. It makes me really sad and I feel completely responsible.
15. I think pregnant woman are the most beautiful creatures. It's such a miraculous thing, pregnancy and birth. I think it gets taken for granted so much these days.
16. I really don't care to be in the presence of animals. Pictures or videos are just fine by me. I really want a dog though. Maybe I just need to form an attachment to one and then my views will change?
17. I was the only one that thought Lacie was going to be a girl - the doctor said he was 85% sure she was a boy after multiple ultrasounds.
18. I am finally OK with not having any more kids. I can't imagine starting over! My kids are so fun and easy right now!
19. I have a lot of regrets. I am slowly working to let them go.
20. I have a 6 year old and a 5 year old. Catholic twins? Irish twins? Ya something like that. They are only 13 months apart. One of the most terrifyingly wonderful things I've ever gone through. I honestly did not know how we were going to survive. But we did and it's been amazing. I can't imagine our family created in any other way. I guess the Big Guy does know what he's doing?
21. I am spoiled enough to have my own scrap/sew room and love spending time in it.
22. I am the oldest of 7 - a 26yo brother, a 23 yo brother, a 20 yo sister, a 15 yo brother, a 12 yo sister, & a 5yo sister. I really wish I had better relationships with all of them.
23. I am very afraid of having poor relationships with my children when they are grown. I hope that by being continually conscious of it as they grow up we'll avoid it but oh man the possibility alone scares me. Especially when you consider the outside influences of friends and significant others!
24. I love to sing. I sound good to myself but not with a microphone.
25. I absolutely can NOT stand parents that are selfish. It's like an oxymoron to me. Parents who dump their kids off with babysitters every chance they get. Parents who make sure they're dressed warmly but can't be bothered to put a blanket over their baby - and then they wonder why the babe keeps getting sick? Parents who do nothing but complain complain complain about their children and their lives. Ugh it just breaks my heart. They look good on the surface, send em to all the right schools, cute clothes, cool toys, but that's about it. I'm not a perfect parent by any means but my kids are my world not just accessories. haha oops it's obvious I'm passionate about this topic :)

6 comments:

See Sherm Blog said...

Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday!
I love your 25 things list....I think it should have been 28 tho! :)

Julie said...

Happy Birthday my friend!!! Looking forward to next weekend!!

Dee said...

I am a day late...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

i dont care said...

Happy Birthday friend!!

Talia said...

I finally got around to reading this, and I'm so glad I did!! I loved learning more about you and seeing who you are as a wife, mom, and woman. No wonder I like you. :)