Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dinosaur Obsession

One of the many things that I love about my boy is that he has had an obsession with dinosaurs since he was about 1 year old. He never fell in love with trucks, cars, & trains like most boys. He has always been about dinosaurs & animals. I LOVE that about him! I would of course love him if he liked that other typical boy stuff. ;) But if you know me, I like to be different, unique, and while a dinosaur loving boy isn't COMPLETELY unique - it is in our family :)

The Day That Dinosaurs Took Over The Living Room
(well not the ONLY day mind you)

In the above picture, Colby is sitting in the giant (65qt) tub that his dinosaurs live in

The Day That Dinosaurs Took Over Our Fridge


All that to say that my son's dino love is about to step up to a whole new level!

In just 10 days, he and his daddy will drive down to LA to see this show!!!!! (2 different links - seriously click on them and watch the videos!!!)
When I got an email about this event I just knew that Colby HAD to go! It is unfortunate that it falls in September (on a teacher income this is our shortest month) but we have willingly scrimped and saved to make sure that he gets to enjoy this amazing experience. Lacie & I have seen a High School Musical concert, a Cheetah Girls concert, a Hannah Montana 3D Movie concert, and in November we will be seeing a Carrie Underwood "Connie Underwear"(Lacie calls her that) concert! So it is HIGH time that this boy gets to enjoy something that he LOOOOOOVES! I so wish I could be there to see his face but it is a $60 sacrifice I will gladly make :) I have threatened my husband that he had BETTER come home with decent pics and videos though!

Colby and I watched about 10 different youtube videos and the promotional videos this morning and he is BEYOND excited! :) This is seriously one of the greatest things about being a parent!

1 comments:

Megan said...

OMG that is sooo cool, Matthew is In LOVE with dinos too! he would really enjoy that!!