Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Decorating the Homestead

Now that I'm not working, I have a lil bit more time to finally start decorating our home (a year later!) the way we've wanted it. I got a hankering to do a lil fancying up of my laundry room - of all places! I told my mom that I never thought I'd be so excited to have a nice purdy place to wash clothes LOL But after years of laundromat visits, and if you consider how much time I spend in there! It's a no brainer :)

Awhile back I was inspired by this gal and although mine is no where near as purdy-full as hers, it's definitely coming along!





I have plans to paint the walls lavendar and the shelf (and trim?) black. I have a few more cream colored accessories to add and I also want to doll up my containers a bit with ribbons and what nots. I wish I had a before picture. That shelf was CRAMMED with cleaning supplies! I am really enjoying the nice clean look of the containers and having "a place for everything, and everything in its place"!

6 comments:

i dont care said...

cute!!!!! I wish I had a laundry room to make pretty!

Anonymous said...

love!

Megan said...

that's cute

Anonymous said...

Love it! Where did you get your mom sign???

Talia said...

oh, you linked to me! How sweet! :) I completely think that a laundry room is one of those places that NEEDS to be cute, so I am so glad you're treating yourself to your own little space. The sign is perfect, I love it!! I can't wait to see the room when it's all done and painted, it is going to be SO lovely. Purple is a great color. :)

Ashley said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! This is adorable...im jealous!! lol