Friday, June 13, 2008

Lacie's Dance Recital

This past week was Dance Recital week in our family. Lacie's show was Monday night and my lil sis Isabelle had her's on Wednesday.
Lacie has been in dance since she was 2 years old and every summer she has a recital. This year was extra special because she was old enough to have her Daddy participate in the Daddy-Daughter dance. As discussed in my previous post she was Lil Miss Muffet and Daddy was the Spider.
It was hilarious and adorable all at the same time. I am sooooo proud of my hunny bun for getting up there and shaking his groover thang for all to see. I actually think he's been looking forward to it more than Lace! It just touched my heart so to think of the memories she will have and the kind of Daddy that I'm so glad my kids have! I'm hoping to be able to post the video soon but the Lakers have been occupying my hubby's attention the past week, so the video will have to wait.

Lacie's second dance was in Hip Hop style to a song about Humpty Dumpty. It was set to the tune of that Chumbawamba - Tubthumping. "He got knocked down, but he gets up again" Something like that. She was adorable! Stay tuned for that video also.

I really love watching her get up there on that stage in front of all of those people. She amazes me!

With her Auntie

With her Tio Greg (my brother), Tia Abby, & Cousin Raymond

Colby & Lacie with their Aunt Isabelle :)

With Nonna & Papa (my inlaws)

US :)

With Poppie & Mammie

2 comments:

Megan said...

so cute can't wait for the videos!

See Sherm Blog said...

So cute!! I love that father-daughter dance idea. How adorable.

Oh... and the Auntie Isabelle cracks me up. :-) So cute.