Thursday, April 24, 2008

the story behind my screen name

When we were choosing names for our son, we knew that Colby was a type of cheese, but it was really a name that we both loved and it is also my maternal grandmother's mother's maiden name (did you follow that) so it also had special family meaning. We actually started out with the name Kobe but I was 8 months pregnant when Mr Bryant was arrested for allegedly raping a girl. Eeek so we went a slightly different route. Anyway, when we were in the hospital David was talking to a nurse about our kids and what their names were and she said "So you like naming your kids after types of cheese huh?" We of course had no idea what she was talking about. Well it turns out that Lacie (spelled with a ey) is a type of Swiss cheese! HAH we're wacky and didn't even know it! So that's where I came up with the name CheezieMommie :)

And here is what I walked into the living room to find the other day

2 comments:

Megan said...

LOL I love it!

i dont care said...

mmm cheese is good!