Tuesday, March 4, 2008

There are just some things...

that I will never understand....

For instance, why do some people have kids just to try and find any possible way to rid themselves of them?

I have come across several parents in my lifetime they seem to constantly seek out every possible way to get rid of their kids - for a few hours, days, whatever.

Now, first of all I am not bashing all parents that work and leave their kids in daycare. That's not what this is about. But there are some parents that completely abuse daycare/preschool and somewhat fit into this category of people that I am speaking of.

I'm certainly not going to stand up on my soapbox and say that I LOVE my kids so much that I must have them with me 24/7. I am definitely not going to turn away from a lil mommy time or a date night or weekend away whenever we get the chance. That'd be crazy! I do have plenty of days where I really wish I could just get that much needed break! I don't think anyone that looks forward to alone time, and takes those opportunities as they are given is a bad parent

I'm talking about those people out there that constantly complain about their kids when they are around and then find ANYONE - even complete strangers - that will take their kids off their hands as needed. This place is talked about quite a bit amongst some mommies that I know and I see that they are licensed. But I don't get it. I could not just drop my kids off for hours on end with someone that knew nothing about them and vice versa. That just doesn't seem right. I thought that maybe now that my two are older and can share things with me about time spent there I'd feel a lil different. I still can't see myself taking my kids there. It would have to be a seriously emergent incident and even then....

I just don't understand this! Why even have kids in the first place if you are going to constantly try and have them gone?

3 comments:

i dont care said...

some people are just shame full and thats all that can be said about that!

Suburban Turmoil said...

My stepdaughter's friend went over to a neighbor's house to feed their dog while they were out of town for the weekend. They were getting ready to leave and they said, "Uh, could you stay all weekend and watch the kids?" Thinking it would be good money, she agreed. And they left her with their 8 and 3-year-old for THREE DAYS. And they had no hot water. And they paid her $120, which she figured out was less than $2 an hour. She went home and cried.

What is wrong with people?! Who would leave their kids with a 16-year-old for three days?! At the last minute?!

Virginia said...

Honest, I didn't know these were the kids I was getting when I had them. Then there was the no returns thing...
Seriously though, I don't think parents necessarily view these type of drop in daycares as a bad thing. I'm pretty sure my parents didn't really want to get rid of me (they were just kidding too, right? right?) and they often used HOTEL BABYSITTERS(!) something I just can't imagine thinking would be okay.

Suburban Turmoil Blog Hopping Weekend...Virginia