Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm an old married lady....

Eight years ago today, at the ripe old age of 19!, I became a married woman. I married a man, that technically my mom had chosen for me (funny how moms always know best huh?), but more importantly, HE chose me. He wasn't someone that I had to chase, or win over, or beg for attention. He chased me! He won ME over! It felt really good :) He likes to remind me just how close I came to him giving up. I'm SO glad he didn't. We have certainly had our ups and downs over the past few years but we have always come out of it all more united than when we started. I am so blessed to have a true partner to share my life with, to "grow up" with, to raise children with, and to just BE with. I love you baby!
Our Communion 3/18/2000
Last night, on our way out to dinner - 3/17/08


And now, a survey about my man...
What is his full name?
David Agapito Gago

May 2006

How long have you been married?

8 years today!


How long did you date?
Only a couple months before we got engaged, and then a few months after that we got married! All in all I think it was 6 months from start to finish LOL

Magic Mountain November 1999


Who eats more sweets?

Definitely me! He's not a big sweet eater at all!





Who said, "I love you" first?

That would be him. And he was so burnt that I didn't say it back right away! LOL I totally loved him but was just soaking it all in. I definitely had baggage haha


On our Honeymoon at Pismo Beach 3/2000





How old is he?
He is 30!


January 2008

Who is taller?

Definitely him by about half a foot!


Who is smarter?
He is, about some things, he has a college degree after all (inside joke). But there are a FEW things that I'd like to think I'm smarter than him about - like scrapbooking! hahaha

Las Vegas 4/2007



Who can sing better?
I say definitely me. He might argue that ;)


Who does the laundry?
His love slave, oh that's me :)

Who pays the bills?
He does and it is SO nice not to have that job! Although I do like to know what is going on with our money and he's really good about keeping me up to date!



Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Well, if you're standing at the foot of the bed, facing the head of the bed, he does,


Who mows the lawn?
Now that we have a lawn, he does, and loves every minute of it. I love watching him. He's so cute!

First time mowing his OWN grass! 9/2007



Who cooks dinner?
We're pretty much equal in that department.


Who drives?
He won't let me drive if he's in the car! Scaredy cat :)


Who is more stubborn?
Oh definitely me, I'm spoiled.


Who kissed who first?
It was mutual consent!

February 2007



Who asked who out?
He asked me out first, it took a few times of that before I finally said yes.


Who proposed?
He did, and I accepted :)



Who has more siblings?
Definitely me!

These are my siblings and I at my brother's wedding in April of 2004. I'm the oldest of 6. David is the oldest of 2.



Who wears the pants?
I love using this quote for this answer - "He wears the pants that I pick out for him!"
Disneyland - New Year's Eve 2007

3 comments:

Getting Ready for 30 said...

awwwwww... this is really cute!! Congrats on your anniversary. Hope you guys had a good time celebrating. Love the little questionnaire too. :-) Happy Anniversary.

Ashley said...

awww. So adorable. Happy Anniversary! I love that last quote. too funny, it's perfect.

Megan said...

so cute! happy anniversary