Friday, January 25, 2008

My husband is 30!!!!!

My husband turned the big 3-0 this past Sunday! I have been teasing him about it for awhile now and he had always said "I don't mind getting old, it doesn't bother me at all!". He kinda changed his tune after Christmas! hahaha

We put together a Star Wars party to celebrate his big day and invited all of our family and some close friends over to share his special day. He insisted on BBQing so I made him a special birthday apron and plenty of Star Wars themed sides to go with the HAN-burgers and DROID dogs that he grilled. It was all a big hit! A special thanks to our friends Rob & Megan who made the wonderful cakes for us!

After the party my parents took the kids for the night and we were able to spend a quiet evening alone at our local B&N (party animals huh?). It was MUCH needed!

I really wanted my husband to relax and enjoy this day as he enters into a new decade of life. He does so much for me and the kids and I feel like I could NEVER repay him for all of that. I always tease him about what a HUGE nerd he is - he's been to a Star Trek convention and went to the Star Wars convention with my brother last year. Truth is - I LOVE my nerdy guy and I wouldn't have it any other way! He's the best!

4 comments:

See Sherm Blog said...

YOU ARE SO CREATIVE!!!!! I love all the little details that you put into the party! You should be a full time party planner/scrapbooker... all rolled into one! The party looks like a lot of fun! Happy Birthday to your husband. :-)

Megan said...

awww so cute!! I just loved your theam! I think I may hire you to help with Rob's in April ;0)
glad he had a good one, sorry we couldn't stay!

i dont care said...

really cute friend. you did GREAT!

Cheeziemommie said...

Thanks girlies! I had a blast doing it as always! I LOVE party planning! Feel free to hit me up if you need help!