Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tons o' Fun End o' Year Survey

I LOVE SURVEYS! So I was completely stoked when I stumbled upon this one, celebrating the end of the year, on this gal's blog.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Became an actual full on HOMEOWNER!!!!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
At the beginning of the year the hubs and I resolved to be better stewards of our finances in the hopes of purchasing a home by the end of the year. WE DID IT!
I also resolved to lose weight, I lost 20 pounds during the first of the year and then gained it back in the second half :( Curses!
My newbies this year are to lose weight (again), do more paper crafting, and learn to EMBROIDER!!!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

A few people I know did actual. The one closest to me though was my Aunt Shawna who delivered this gorgeous lil bundle of joy this month.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?

Other than the Country o' CrazyTown (several times), absolutely none.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

A fully painted house, a new sibling for my kiddos, a fancy smancy camera, and mo' money in the bank.

7. What date(s) from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 31 (2006 actually) - ringing in the new year at the happiest place on earth with my hunny bunny.
July 3rd - my baby girl turned 5!
August 6th - my baby boy turned 4!
August 31st - our beautiful first (and only) home closed escrow.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Surviving the month of August with VERY lil money in order to get purchase our first home.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Scrapbooking for a total of 16 hours during the whole year :(

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Sadly I lost my 10 year record of no vomiting. Luckily it was a one time thing!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

This house!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My children's. They are VERY good kids. My daughter is a HUGE help around the house and with the babies. My son has made some MAJOR improvements with his emotions, and behavior at home & at school. They make me so proud!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Although he has come along way this year, my son has giving me a few moments of angst! Nothing worse than pulling up to the school to see your son in trouble in the office. Or having him get physically ill at the thought of having to go to Disneyland! Still can't get over that one!

14. Where did most of your money go?

Kids' tuition, bills, and this glorious house!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going to Disneyland for New Years, going AGAIN 2 weeks after that, and AGAIN in June with several members of my family.
Oh, and buying this house :)

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

"So Small" - Carrie Underwood

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?

MUCH MUCH Happier!!! :) Same size body and bank account though LOL

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Scrapbooking!!!!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Eating out

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Traveling around Kern County to visit family, eat yummy food, and open presents.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Over and over and over again

22. What was your favorite TV program?

General Hospital, Grey's Anatomy, LOST, Private Practice, Desperate Housewives, October Road, & Notes From the Underbelly

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Yup sure do

24. What was the best book you read?

Books 1-3 in Janet Evanovich's #/Stephanie Plum series. Hoping to finish the series in 2008.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Colbie Caillat

26. What did you want and get?

A HOUSE!!!! and a cabinet for all my scrapbooking stuff :)

27. What did you want and not get?

A annual pass to Disneyland and a new fancy smancy camera.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I guess if I have to pick one (I'm SO not a movie person) it would have to be High School Musical 2 :)

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 26 this year and I had dinner with my family one night, and went to dinner & a Passion Party with a friend another night.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Actually losing weight and keeping it off!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Comfy casual

32. What kept you sane?

NAPTIME!!!

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Denny Duchet from Grey's :)

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Global Warming

35. Who did you miss?

Someone I thought I knew

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Larisa

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.

If you lose someone for standing up for yourself than they weren't worth having around in the first place.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Cause sometimes that mountain you've been climbing
Is just a grain of sand
And what you've been out there searching for forever
Is in your hands
And when you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else seem
So small

0 comments: