Monday, November 19, 2007

The girl who cried sick....


My sweet lil girl faked sick today. hahahaha It still makes me chuckle. She's definitely a full blown KID! She has a lil itchy throat, which makes her cough, and this morning was making her gag. Mostly cause she has my family's horrible gag reflexes and because she had an empty tummy. So she was "too sick for school". I could tell she fine enough for school but could use a lil day of R & R. So I, being the cool mommy that I am, let her get away with it. I tried talking Rex into playing hookie with us but he wouldn't have it! hahaha So off we went to school with Queenie in her jammies and robe snuggled up in the stroller like the princess she is! Everyone wished her well and then we get in the car to come home and she says "Hmm I feel think I feel better" hahahaha she still has some lessons to learn about this playing sick thing. So we came home with the babies, made cupcakes (YUMM), did laundry, and then went back to pick up the kids from school. At one point in the morning she said "It's a good thing I didn't feel good today because you REALLY needed my help huh mom?" TOO stinkin cute huh? Love it :) I look forward to more of these days when my kids just need a lil break from the education world. I think once or twice a year we'll let them have a "just because" day. Whadya think?

3 comments:

Beamer said...

Sounds like you are a pretty cool mommy. It really too bad they grow up so fast. I think a just because day isn't such a bad idea.

Beamer

Megan said...

too cute! I do the same thing with matthew every once in a while :) I can remember my mother giving me a once or twice free pass each year when I was older and I really appreciated it! she always said, if your grades are good, and your not missing a big test or anything and you need a break, you can have it! I will do the same with my kids, I think everyone needs to play hookie every once in a while!

i dont care said...

that's cute. she's getting so big! and I think playing hookie once or twice is fine. I mean we as adults do it from work, so why not from school. Exp. if like your friend said, grades are good and no big test. I think it's fine.
Aunt Diane did it for Tracy but she NEVER took it. hahaha