Friday, November 9, 2007

Christmas is Coming!

I confess to semi stealing this idea from here. I am a TOTAL blog snooper. I should probably stop, kinda like reading someone's journal without their permission? I can't help it though, it's addicting! Anyway on with my post...
I heard my first Christmas song of the season today! It was "Where are you Christmas" by Faith Hill from The Grinch soundtrack. I LOVE that song!! So pretty! Apparently this local radio station is already playing nonstop Christmas tunes! I thought that didn't start till after Thanksgiving - otherwise known as the lost holiday.

I had found a ticker that said "45 more SLEEPS till Christmas" that I REALLY wanted to put on here because that is how a child tells time. They don't count days and weeks and hours. They count sleeps :) But I couldn't get the ticker to work on here. But there is only 45 more days till Christmas! Even less till the lights & decorations get put up, till the weather gets cooler, till Christmas tree farms pop up around each corner, till I can purchase my first Peppermint Mocha of the season, till my kids have their lil performance with Christmas carols. I can NOT wait! I have seriously been counting down the days since last month. I LOOOOOOOVE Christmas and EVERYTHING about it! Check out this quote I found, it totally sums up my feelings about the holiday.

"Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind."
- Mary Ellen Chase

1 comments:

Megan said...

whoo hoooo! I am so excited for Christmas time!!!
I LOVE that quote!