Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another Dream Come True!

I've mentioned my longing for a SLR on here a few times. I know I've mentioned it in real life LOTS of times! I've researched, shopped sales, played in stores, drooled, and dreamed. My dreams finally came true (Thanks to our tax return :) ) this past weekend! Target (as if I needed another reason to love that place!) was offering a $75 gift card with the purchase of a Nikon D40. I am feeling a little overwhelmed to be honest! I only have the kit lense right now and since I've tried others an have learned a little bit more about this strange new SLR world I also feel a little limited. But I'm also crazy in love! It's just so FUN! I of course have really no idea what I'm doing but am still getting nice crisp pictures! I can barely stand to put it down! Between that and my other obsession (more on that later!), my blog & house are a tad neglected!
Tonight I uploaded my first batch of pictures taken with my new babe so I thought I'd share. These were really hard to upload. I don't know if it was blogger if it's their size? Need to figure that out!
My husband's eyes look like that cause he just got out of the shower. And Lacie, wow, I didn't think she could look any MORE beautiful! But I just love this picture of her!
Colby's already tired of paparazzi mom :)

My father in law actually took this one. He's a tad jealous :)

LOVE this one! hehehe

I love how the background it blurry!!!! I've ALWAYS wanted to be able to do that!
I have lots more but don't want to bore you hehehe

4 comments:

Olive Oyl said...

Congrats! Yes, your pictures will be MUCH LARGER now and take forever to load... boo. But they look beautiful! LOVE the last one! :)

misguidedmommy said...

yeah it is the size. i usually export mine to a file in a smaller size (700) and they load right up

Teresa Pomerantz said...

yay for your new camera- and the term is not paparazzi- it is mamarazzi :)
I would like to recommend ilovephotography.com it is an excellent resource whether you are just starting out or whether you are pro. There are lots of pros that hang out there that can give you tips and such. Don't be offended if when you post your first pics you don't get many comments. sometimes it is not so easy to post on all the posts. Just read and soak it up!

See Sherm Blog said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! Congrats on your new camera! You'll be forever addicted, I promise you. :-)

Cute pics!