Wednesday, February 4, 2009

In Search Of...

If you follow me on twitter or facebook you may have already heard my cry for help. I decided to expand my search to the bloggy world.
Next month the hubs and I will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary! I can hardly believe it myself.
Hubs actually has to work AND go to class the day of our anniversary and has class the weekends before and after. SO we are attempting to plan a weekend getaway for the last weekend in February. We haven't had a weekend completely to ourselves in years. We went to Vegas in 07 with his family and before that I can't even remember.
So here's where I need your help. We are looking for something to do/somewhere to go that is not too far away, something relatively cheap, something romantic, something relaxing, something that we haven't done before or at least haven't done in a long time.
Any ideas?

4 comments:

Julie said...

I will be happy to babysit for you so you guys can go out. I can sit overnight too if you want to go away for the night. I'll come to your place to make the kids comfy. The offer is open! 9 years is a long time and you should be proud of yourselves.

See Sherm Blog said...

Hmmm... That's a tough one. I'm not familiar with places to go around there. I know that Kyle and I have talked about taking some inexpensive trips. We have a little mountain town called Julian about an hour and a half away that is affordable and fun to visit. Not sure if there is something up in the mountains you guys can do. And if its a small town, they usually aren't pricey to stay at. They may even still have SNOW too!

THen there is always Pismo. But that obviously some place you have been before. My sister and bro-in-law stayed at a place in Avila. Not sure of cost, but they liked staying in Avlia now that it has been re-done.

Happy anniversary!

Lisa said...

Our favorite cheap vacation spot is Carpinteria. It is really close to Santa Barbara, but cheaper to stay in. And their beach isn't really crowded.

Talia said...

well, I have no ideas for you, since I myself never know what to do or where to go for cheap, either :)
But yay! I'm so excited for you to get away with your hubby for the weekend! that is going to be wonderful.

oh, and to answer your question about the 35-week post-- I meant to do it as a scheduled post for the beginning of next week, but accidentally put it up on my actual blog instead-- so then I had to take it down of course. My bad. :) It'll be there again soon though!

by the way, your new page layout is adorable!! I love the pink, and the owl.