Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas with my family

I'm not sure if I had mentioned yet that I got the greatest Christmas gift ever when my mom agreed to come to MY house for Christmas. This is a HUGE deal people! Since I was 7 or 8 I have always shuffled around houses on Christmas day between parents. When I got married that added yet another house to visit on Christmas day. It wasn't THAT big of a deal until we had kids. Well I should say until we had Colby. Shuffling 2 kids aged 1 and under and their normal baby loot PLUS all the Christmas loot got to be quite a feat. Our families and our home are spread out along the four corners of Kern County. Oh it can be exhausting and really can take the fun out of the holiday when you're just running around all day. So since last year when we got our own home I've been begging my mom to let me host, at least once. This year, I'm still not sure exactly why, she relented. It was the BEST gift ever! Add to that that we talked my inlaws AND my dad to come over for our Christmas time with them. So we didn't have to go ANYWHERE this year! Oh my it was amazing let me tell you! Not sure if it will happen that way ever again but for just this one year I got my wish :) Thanks again Mom! Ok so more than a week later here are just a few of the pics from our Christmas day. I didn't really get to take that many since I was the hostess :)


Here is Lacie giving her Auntie the presents she picked out.
These raincoats were inspired by that chilren's book that Madonna wrote. Given from Poppie & Mammie.
Auntie gave Colby a gigantic stuffed dinosaur! So cool!
My mom was reading Beverly Cleary to Lacie and she fell asleep!

Up next, Christmas morning, a couple videos, and the gifts I made :)

0 comments: