Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gettin' Crafty! FINALLY!

I have been SO busy lately with home, schoolwork, volunteering, and LFR that I haven't had any time to get crafty! A few weeks ago I did go to a crop with some friends but even then I worked on Christmas presents!

Have you ever had an idea in your head for a project and it won't go away until you DO said project? This has been happening to me lately. I have had 2 ideas for scrapbooking layouts that I want to do about Colby and they have just been nagging me and nagging me. It gets to the point where I feel like I can't do anything else until I DO what is on my mind! I sound crazy I know!

Anyway tonight I finally had the time to do a lil scrapbooking! With the kids on the floor in the background doing their scrapbooking (so cute! I really should get some pictures of that), I sat at my desk and busted out this page:


The journaling says " One day Mommy asked you if you were CUTE and you said "No Mommy I'm not cute I'm COOL"

I had a lot of fun with this page. The background is a metallic silver and I used some embellishments that I've had on hand FOREVER! Oh and I also did some photo editing with my new picasa program. Can you tell? :)

After baths and bedtime for the kiddos, I was still in a crafty mood, but not so much in a scrapbooking mood anymore. So I decided to tackle another project that had been on the backburner.



This lil guy (gal?) is going to be hard to say goodbye to! It has a twin, and they will both be filled with treats and given to my kids' teachers for Halloween. I saw it in last month's issue of Scrapbooks etc. but I did some tweaking to the general idea with size and such. Isn't it darling!?

I wonder what I'll get a chance to work on tomorrow! I still have 1 more Colby layout in my head, need to finish the other lil frankenstein box, I have a baby blanket & taggie already cut and ready to be sewn, blogs to write, hmmmm...Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that turned out sooo cute!

misguidedmommy said...

OMG YOU HAVE THE RADDEST HAND WRITING. I'M JEALOUS

See Sherm Blog said...

Oh my goodness! Those Frankenstein boxes are adorable!!!!! :-)