Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gettin' Crafty! FINALLY!

I have been SO busy lately with home, schoolwork, volunteering, and LFR that I haven't had any time to get crafty! A few weeks ago I did go to a crop with some friends but even then I worked on Christmas presents!

Have you ever had an idea in your head for a project and it won't go away until you DO said project? This has been happening to me lately. I have had 2 ideas for scrapbooking layouts that I want to do about Colby and they have just been nagging me and nagging me. It gets to the point where I feel like I can't do anything else until I DO what is on my mind! I sound crazy I know!

Anyway tonight I finally had the time to do a lil scrapbooking! With the kids on the floor in the background doing their scrapbooking (so cute! I really should get some pictures of that), I sat at my desk and busted out this page:


The journaling says " One day Mommy asked you if you were CUTE and you said "No Mommy I'm not cute I'm COOL"

I had a lot of fun with this page. The background is a metallic silver and I used some embellishments that I've had on hand FOREVER! Oh and I also did some photo editing with my new picasa program. Can you tell? :)

After baths and bedtime for the kiddos, I was still in a crafty mood, but not so much in a scrapbooking mood anymore. So I decided to tackle another project that had been on the backburner.



This lil guy (gal?) is going to be hard to say goodbye to! It has a twin, and they will both be filled with treats and given to my kids' teachers for Halloween. I saw it in last month's issue of Scrapbooks etc. but I did some tweaking to the general idea with size and such. Isn't it darling!?

I wonder what I'll get a chance to work on tomorrow! I still have 1 more Colby layout in my head, need to finish the other lil frankenstein box, I have a baby blanket & taggie already cut and ready to be sewn, blogs to write, hmmmm...Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Julie said...

that turned out sooo cute!

Misguided Mommy said...

OMG YOU HAVE THE RADDEST HAND WRITING. I'M JEALOUS

See Sherm Blog said...

Oh my goodness! Those Frankenstein boxes are adorable!!!!! :-)