Thursday, October 23, 2008

Baby McClane is almost here!

Julie and I have been friends since the first grade (side note - I wonder if my Lacie has a friend now that she will still be friends with 22 years from now? hmmm), we (and another gal - Kendra) were best friends from junior high through highschool.
Sorry girls I couldn't resist! hahaha
We always said I would be the first to get married and have kids cause it's all I ever wanted! :) I was married in 2000 and done having kids by 2003 LOL Then it was Kendra's turned - she was married to Skyler in 2005 and has a one year old lil girl named Ruby. Julie got married to Grant in 2006 and is now due with a lil boy, McClane, on Thanksgiving Day.
They are doing a jungle themed nursery and I lucked upon some REALLY cute monkey kitchen accessories on clearance at Target awhile back - gotta love those lil red stickers. I just knew I could come up with something to use em for!I ended up making her, well the baby, a blanket, a dipee & wipee case, and a taggie.

Here are pictures from her shower and of the gifts I made:

Kendra & I

Kendra's daughter - Miss Ruby Tuesday The Mommy to be and I

Showing off the taggie I made


Here's the quilt - the middle applique is actually half of a tea towel found at Target!


And here's the matching taggie


And her's the dipee & wipee case - the monkey face is actually a potholder from target :)


I also gave her 2 terry cloth hand towels from Target that had the lil monkey on them. I figured she could use them as changing pads or burp cloths! Oh and inside the dipee & wipee case was a lil travel wipee box that I put McClane's name on. Cursing myself for not getting a piture of it! It was simple but really cute :)

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

DUDE THIS SHIT IS SOOOO GOOD. WOW YOU SHOULD DO AN ETSY. ALSO IT IS SO FUCKING CUTE I WANT TEN!

See Sherm Blog said...

So adorable Katie!!!!!! Baby McClane is one lucky baby! These are so good!

Anonymous said...

aw yay!!!! but ohhhmygod to that picture!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha so bad!

Megan said...

those turned out very cute!