Thursday, June 5, 2008

She's DEFINITELY worth it!

Please allow me to introduce you to a very special little girl.
This is PRESLEY



Presley is pretty much your typical 2 year old. She is the youngest daughter of my bestie. Presley loves to play with toys, she actually really enjoys dinosaurs and snakes, but also Barbies and ponies too. She does occasionally get mad at her parents or her older sister when things don't go her way but unlike most other children her age, her moods and actions are not always dictated soley by the things going on around her. You see, Presley has Type 1 diabetes. So more often than not, her moods and actions are actually being dictated by what's going on INSIDE of her.

Presley was diagnosed with this horrible disease last summer, at the ripe young age of 18 months old. Her life, and her family's life, changed the instant those test results came back. No more carefree days of living with a toddler. Her mealtimes, her meals themselves, her daily activites, all have to be calculated exactly to determine how much insulin her body will need throughout the day and night. Many people think that Type 1 diabetes can be controlled by insulin. While insulin does keep people with type 1 diabetes alive, it is NOT a cure. Aside from the daily challenges of living with type 1 diabetes, there are many severe, often fatal, complications caused by the disease such as kidney failure, blindness, nerve damage, heart attacks and strokes.


I really could go on and on but you just won't get it unless you've lived it. And I pray you never have to "get it". But I am here to ask something of you, that I really really hope you'll consider.

This October, I will be joining my best friend, Presley, and their family, in taking part in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes.


So I'm asking you today for your support because now more than ever, EACH of us can be a part of bringing about a cure. Each of us can make a real difference! Won't you please give to JDRF as generously as you're able? Together, we can make the cure a reality in Presley's lifetime!

Can you really say NO to helping out this precious lil girl?


Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how close I am to reaching my personal goal of $1000: Presley's Blue Suede Shoe Crew

6 comments:

i dont care said...

sniff sniff, it made me cry. My poor baby!!! Thanks friend!! I LOVE YOU!

StepheLynne said...

Beautifully written!!

Dee said...

Your best friend has a daughter named Presley too? How cool.

Megan said...

wonderfully written, and a very important cause!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you and Gretchie for the wonderful mommies you are. Treasure each day, my love... I'm proud of you for being such a good friend. --Mammie

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you and Gretchie for the wonderful mommies you are. Treasure each day, my love... I'm proud of you for being such a good friend. --Mammie