Friday, June 13, 2008

Sew Crazy

After the costume making extravaganza my mom left her sewing machine here. I had overcome my sewing angst and remembered that I had bought some fabric a few years ago that I had never used. So I thought I'd try my hand at a couple of blankets for the kids. It wasn't so hard! Well I did hit a few stumbling blocks and these puppies are no where NEAR gift appropriate but I am learning and getting braver by the day.

And now,

I'm addicted!!!!

These are pics of the kids and their blankets. One side is cotton and the back is a flannel.




I am working on a really cute project right now that I'll hopefully finish this weekend and be able to post those pictures. Eek I love it!

4 comments:

Megan said...

cute blankets!

Colleen Sherman said...

Those are super cute!!! I wish I had some sort of ability to use a sewing machine. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know how to sew stuff. I'm gonna have to learn. Especially once its kids time for us.

Cosmo Mom said...

good job friend! I wanna sew

Julie said...

those turned out great! good job!!!