Friday, June 13, 2008

Sew Crazy

After the costume making extravaganza my mom left her sewing machine here. I had overcome my sewing angst and remembered that I had bought some fabric a few years ago that I had never used. So I thought I'd try my hand at a couple of blankets for the kids. It wasn't so hard! Well I did hit a few stumbling blocks and these puppies are no where NEAR gift appropriate but I am learning and getting braver by the day.

And now,

I'm addicted!!!!

These are pics of the kids and their blankets. One side is cotton and the back is a flannel.




I am working on a really cute project right now that I'll hopefully finish this weekend and be able to post those pictures. Eek I love it!

4 comments:

Megan said...

cute blankets!

See Sherm Blog said...

Those are super cute!!! I wish I had some sort of ability to use a sewing machine. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know how to sew stuff. I'm gonna have to learn. Especially once its kids time for us.

i dont care said...

good job friend! I wanna sew

Anonymous said...

those turned out great! good job!!!