Friday, April 3, 2009

Scrapbooking For Fun

One of the things you might hear alot of scrapbookers say is "I will never be caught up!"


It can be very discouraging to see the boxes and boxes of photos, or the countless files on my computer, that have yet to be documented. As much as I love scrapbooking, being "backed up" can often times take away from the fun of creating. I struggled with this alot last year and because of that I hardly got any pages done.

Finally this year I'm taking a step back. I decided that I am going to put all of my past photos in regular ole albums so that they are at least being enjoyed! And now I am starting fresh with my 2009 photos, of course I am already monstrously behind LOL but it is way less daunting then going all the way back to 2002!

I am also trying to really stretch myself creatively this year. I recently entered a project challenge with my local scrapbook store. My first ever! I didn't win :( but it was still a very exciting experience and I'm looking forward to participating in the next one.

So I wanted to share a few photos with you of the project I made and also photos of the layouts I made when I spent a weekend at the beach with a few of my girlie friends. Sidenote: I can NOT believe I never blogged about that weekend! UGH. Let's just say it was all sorts of crazy fun! :)

First is the memo board I created for the challenge. We were allowed to create anything as long as we used at least 2 papers from a specific line. It was fun for me to do something other than a layout.
And these are the pages I made at the beach:













I bought this little easle the last time I was at IKEA. It is perfect for taking photos of my layouts!

2 comments:

See Sherm Blog said...

HOW FUN! These are great!

Its funny that so many people mentioned scrap booking on my last post. I actually have a digi-scrap book started for Rowan. I plan on making it through 12 months. So I have the first few pages done... like the story of when we found out we were prego, maternity shots, baby showers, decorating his room... all those are done! :-) So now I can't do anything else in it until he's actually here!! I've even started writing in his real baby book. All the stuff that doesn't require him being born for! :-) I NEED a project! ha!

.jimaie.marie. said...

I want to scrap sooooo bad but the thought of doing it completely overwhelms me, seriously. I haven't even printed any pics since 6mos after Malachi was born and he's going to be 3 in two months...so that's my goal right now :D
I love the pages you made tho, I can't wait unti li'm actually able to jump in and start doing it, whenever that may be!