Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Before the past school year ended, David & I made a VERY big decision. We decided that by the end of summer I would no longer be providing daycare. After 3 years! I started watching my sis when she & Colby turned 2 and now they are 5 and going to kindergarten!


I have had huge qualms about sending the kids to public school and was very worrisome to me that I hadn't been able to be involved in their classrooms as much as I would have liked. This only added to my fears of sending them to strangers and into such large class sizes. That was the basis of our decision. A huge leap for us to voluntarily go down to a one income family in the middle of such scary economic times.

It was very hard for me to take that step and tell the parents that I was planning on closing. One of the kids, Lil P, I had been caring for him since he was just 2 months old. I had to say goodbye to him just after he turned 2 :(

The other lil girl, Baby H, was 17 months old and had been with me since she was 3 months old. I had her up until we left for vacation.
These babies had become practically my own babies from the hours of 7-530. I fed them 3 meals a day. Changed countless diapers & bottles, gave them meds when they were sick, snuggled them when they were hurt or fussy. Napped with them. Took them everywhere my kids went.
And then I said goodbye. It was really hard. But it was something I just had to do, for MY babies.

Too say goodbye I made them lil albums to take home of some pictures of them that I took while they were in my care.




4 comments:

See Sherm Blog said...

Awwwww... I can only imagine how hard it must have been to say goodbye. But you gave them such a nice gift for them to look back on and remember. :-) I'm sure you were a great caregiver to these children. They were lucky to have you!

Megan said...

so sweet! I know how hard it is to say good bye (and how good too!!!) you made the best decision for your family, I'm happy you are able to have the ability to be there for your babies the way you want to! I can't wait until we finish school and I get to do the same!!!!

Amy said...

you're so sweet, i love the albums! i'm desperate to either not go back to work, or find someone like you to watch over clayton...ugh, so sad to be a working mom...

i dont care said...

cute album friend and great idea!